ga('send', 'pageview');

52A Unimix House

London NW10 7TR

Mon-Sat 9:00 - 20.00

Opening Hours



Universal Credit is a new benefit to support you if you are working and on a low income or you’re out of work. This page explains how Universal Credit is different from existing benefits, how much you’ll be paid and how to apply for it.

Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work.

It replaces some of the benefits and tax credits you might be getting now:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Income Support
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

If you are in an area offering a full service and are entitled to the benefits being replaced, you will be asked to claim Universal Credit.

If you are not in a full service area, you will continue to claim existing benefits until you are invited to claim Universal Credit.

If you get help with your rent, this will be included in your monthly payment – you will then pay your landlord directly.

If you live with someone as a couple and you are both entitled to claim Universal Credit, one monthly joint payment will be paid into a single bank account.

Universal Credit is paid monthly in arrears so it can take up to five weeks after you make your claim to get your first payment.

There are no limits on how many hours a week you can work if you are claiming Universal Credit. Instead, the amount you get will gradually reduce as you earn more, so you will not lose all your benefits at once.

Please note that the claim for Universal Credit is made online and you might have to attend an appointment.

Contact us today for further advice and assistance.

Make Your Claim Today

Contact Us Today

People Learning Academy Ltd.

52 A Unimix House

Abbey Road

Park Royal

London NW10 7TR



Copyright © 1999 – 2018 People Learning Academy Ltd. All Rights Reserved